• HOME
  • ABOUT ME
  • FACEBOOK
  • MY PHOTO BLOG
  • MY VIRTUAL ABODE
  • TRAVEL
  • My friend's a poet

    My friend Joy made a poem two weeks ago... for me. I was teary eyed while reading it; I had to take a 5 minute (illegal) break, went to the restroom and locked myself inside. I never received a poem written for me before, and knowing that I found a sincere friendship…that’s priceless. And I tend to get emotional with that.

    Unexpected Friend

    Thank you for being nice
    A sweet smile in your face
    An eye that sparkles
    Would make my day bright

    The first time I saw you
    Was never interested to know you
    Knowing you is unexpected
    Being close I didn’t think of

    As time goes by
    I came to know you deep inside
    Such a great person
    Many will admire

    People may not understand you at times
    But don’t bother for they don’t know the real you
    Keep on walking with head up high
    For you are a true person like diamond that is treasured

    Surprised aren’t you with this poem I made
    A gift for you that forever you’ll cherish
    It’s not gold nor silver
    Not diamond nor pearl

    It’s just showing how lucky I am
    To have a special friend like you
    That can be trusted
    And can be proud of

    Always remember God is with you
    And forever I’m here anytime you can lean on
    Problems or secrets you can count on
    A shoulder for you an ear to listed

    Thank you is a word
    From my heart I would say
    Thank you ELY for the friendship
    You’re my unexpected and one special friend




    We don't find true friends too often. The sincerity, acceptance, being appreciated, that's what I treasure the most.


    6 comments:

    1. reynz said...
       

      ~!hmpt~ (selos!)




      hehehe!

    2. cedeux said...
       

      wow, sweet naman nun. =]
      friendship happens unexpectedly and as time goes by, it will become deeper and more meaningful.

      asteg dba? i labs my prends also=] heheh

    3. Ely said...
       

      reyn, selos saan? hehe

      cedeux, yup. Often unexpected. BTW, i've heard (read) ur a doctor?

    4. footiam said...
       

      that's really nice. You are lucky , Ely!

    5. Eilanna said...
       

      "We don't find true friends too often. The sincerity, acceptance, being appreciated, that's what I treasure the most. "

      Tama yun Ely! Naniniwala rin ako diyan at yan din ang pinahahalagahan ko among other things! these are the things na hindi kasi nabibili ng pera.

      cheers! :)

    6. Ely said...
       

      eilanna, thats ryt. I treasure my friends...a lot!

    Post a Comment