• HOME
  • ABOUT ME
  • FACEBOOK
  • MY PHOTO BLOG
  • MY VIRTUAL ABODE
  • TRAVEL
  • If Only…

    (This post was copied from my Friendster blog entry dated, August 2nd, 2006)

    I had seen this movie before and I liked it. But I never really went crazy about it, until one, then two and then later on three of my students started talking about it.

    Hank, one of my students once shared stories about his love life and how this movie became his favorite. He said he cries every time he watches the movie, even after the 8th time (and counting)…LOL.

    Out of curiosity, I rented a copy again. This time I don’t know how to react, but definitely I don’t wanna cry. I did not. I remember, Hank told me about this line “I don’t wanna be adored…I wanna be loved…” something that he wants to “dedicate” to his ex-girlfriend.

    And then came the line “They say there’s always someone in a relationship who loves more…oh God, I wish it wasn’t me!” …someone who loves more? I think it’s TRUE.

    But this is the one I really like “I love you since I met you…but I wouldn’t allow myself to truly feel it, until today”…Why wouldn’t I allow my self to truly feel it? That’s the biggest question I should impose on myself. It sounds crazy and it’s something that I don’t’ want to tell anyone, something that I don’t want to happen to me…never again!

    But well, I managed to catch the whole line anyway:

    “I love you since I met you, but I wouldn’t allow myself to truly feel it until today…I was always thinking ahead, making decisions… today, because of you, what I learned from you. Every choice I made was different and my life has completely changed, and I’ve learned…it doesn’t matter if you have 5 minutes or 50 years… if not for today, if not for you, I would never have known love at all…”



    ***

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment