Monday, May 16, 2011

Quezon and Laguna Day Tour

I've been hearing about Pahiyas Festival since I was a kid. I've seen stunning photos of their heavily decorated houses and colorful festivities. But I've never been to Quezon, so when my friends planned to join a day tour with the Pahiyas as the main itinerary, I thought I shouldn't miss it.

I don't know where my friend got her contact, but we paid Php1100 each for the fare (back and forth). Our meeting time was scheduled at 3AM at the SM Makati parking lot. There, we joined about a hundred others who were also part of the tour. We took van number 6 (out of 17). All cars left at exactly 3:30AM.

We arrived in Lucban, Quezon at around 6:30AM. We parked at the Lucban elementary school ground about less than half a kilometer away from the Lucban church. We had to walk from there.


If you go to the festival in your own car, you won't be allowed to enter the town proper. You will either walk, or hire a tricycle to bring you there. By bus, there are no buses from Manila to Lucban. You will have to take a Manila-Lucena bus trip from Cubao and get in to one of the jeepneys from Lucena to Lucban.

The Lucban church.

The church interior.

Random photos I took as we walk along the busy streets of Lucban:




I didn't get to really enjoy the festival because the town was so crowded. We left at around 2PM to visit the churches of Laguna.

Before leaving, I thought I should violate some rules...

Sorry, can't hold it!



No comments: