Friday, September 17, 2010

Ang Puno ng Santol

I love trees. I feel bad every time I see people cutting them down.

I literally grew up with this santol tree. I'm not sure of its age but it probably is older than me. When I was a kid, we use to sell its fruits for 50 cents a piece...

The place where it stands has become one of our favorite spots when taking pictures at home. It's got a huge trunk, almost twice my body size:


Standing tall at around 40 feet:


We never had plans to cut this tree down, so I was surprised to see this last weekend, when I arrived:

Illegal logging happened at our front yard!

I don't know the exact reason why, but my father said he'll replace it with rambutan. Ain't gonna cry over spilled milk, so we made the most of what was left:





I'd forever miss that tree...

***

4 comments:

fufu said...

first picture --> like oil painting :) yeah i love nature very much!! ops and kids!

my-so-called-Quest said...

aw. namiss ko tuloy sa province. namiss ko din lasa ng santol! hehe. ano nga ba lasa nun? hehehe

Ely said...

@fufu, hehe. me too!

@doc, maasim na matamis! hahaha

reyn said...

So sad.. :(


Naalala ko tuloy yung isang episode sa Avatar (the last airbender TV series). Sabi dun lahat daw ng bagay sa mundo magkaka-connect. Kahit yung tree ay may connection sa'ten.. :) :) :)

Siguro nga totoo.. :P haha..